View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #18
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
But frankly, the tech that they're doing (stuff like door skip, lake skip, and a couple of the trickier spike jumps) don't save that much time - assuming you can do the hypers and bunny hops, the actual moves that the game intends you to be able to do, getting a time of around 40 minutes seems totally possible if you wanted to practice.
Learning high end movement tech is always more difficult than singular skips, because it happens the entire run, where a single skip can be more easily practiced in isolation. Door skip for example is something many players will do on a casual playthrough. Lake skip and many of the spike jumps are not something you'll see in a casual playthrough, though.

Hypers and Bunny Hops aren't too bad to learn, but situationally using them, and actually setting them off correctly in those places, is very difficult. There are some rooms which aren't sexy to label like the skips, but have huge time implications if you can pull off a hyper in a tight space. Even worse are the ones that are at the end of a long room, which has a huge time loss if you miss.

This game's skill ceiling is very high, and that's why I doubt I'll hit 40 minutes. I'm not super interested in room-by-room training, really. I did that for some games I've done speedruns for, but it's a grind.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote