View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 09:49 AM   #242
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
The latest on the Rogers Centre renovations

While the front office tinkers with a talented roster ready to take the next step, there’s a full-blown rebuild happening at Rogers Centre.

The Blue Jays announced Tuesday that their $300 million renovation is through its first major stage, with demolition completed last week. Now, the crews are beginning to build the new infrastructure, which will make up a noticeable portion of the two-year project that will continue at Rogers Centre through next offseason.

This stage of the renovation focused mainly on the 500 Level and the outfield. All 500 Level seats have been torn up -- nearly 17,000 of them -- and will be replaced prior to next season, with information coming soon on what the club plans to do with the old seats. There’s also been significant work done to the outfield, which will take on a new look in 2023.
I guess the demolition work wasn’t as much but that was super fast. I also read elsewhere the new seats are expected to be installed start of January. Seems like things are moving along well. I’m really pumped about what they’ll do with the infield seating. If they’re saving the best for last there should be some unique features I’d think.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote