View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 11:10 PM   #63
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
Do we think Ryan McAllister will get NHL interest? What's the scoop on him?
Hope I get this right, so anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. He's too old to be drafted, but he's not eligible to be signed until the end of his freshman year. At that time, he can sign with an NHL team, but he wouldn't be able to return to the NCAA after signing that contract. He was slated to attend the Golden Knights rookie camp in July, so teams are taking notice. I just read a few articles from a Flyers site, where the writer was urging them to sign McAllister (and/or a couple of his Bandits teammates) before other teams take notice. The Flames may not have any inside track, as McAllister is originally from London,ON.

A few more quick facts:

-McAllister is the highest scoring Bandit in franchise history, at 139 pts.
-In addition to being named MVP of the AJHL,he was the MVP of the CJHL, comprised of 9 leagues across Canada.
-Only the 2nd skater in Bandits history to score 50 or more goals in a season. The record holder is his teammate TJ Hughes, who scored 66.
-The last player in the AJHL to score 130+points in a year was in 1997-98, when Mike Comrie scored 138 pts.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, McAllister's former teammate, 21 yo TJ Hughes, is playing this year in the NCAA for powerhouse Michigan, and is their 3rd leading scorer with 7g/7a/14pts in 12 games. The two players ahead of him in scoring are Mackie Samoskevich, and 2023 Draft darling Adam Fantilli. He also plays with Luke Hughes, Dylan Duke, Rutger McGroarty, Seamus Casey, and Jacob Truscott.

Last edited by Sandman; 11-16-2022 at 01:50 AM.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post: