View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 09:07 AM   #106
JackIsBack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

No.... don't touch overtime in the playoffs.... it is one of the things that make the NHL playoffs epic and memorable.

About the over the glass penalty... I'm presuming you're asking this question because of the 5OT game between Tampa and Columbus, where a penalty was called on Kukan and one missed (opinion) on the SH breakaway shortly thereafter for “mugging”. This is my problem with the game… and I know the referees are human and maybe it’s hard to call a game the same way all the time… but… if it’s a penalty in the first game of the season, it’s a penalty in every game of the season, and every game of the playoffs, and in every period no matter what the situation is. All this nonsense about “ putting the whistles away” as to not affect the game is doing just that, affecting the game… because rules aren’t being consistently enforced. If a team is built on speed and finesse, and they win throughout the regular season because of their skill and speed, and then in the playoffs, you “put your whistles away” and a bubble team that was tough and dirty goes up against them in the playoffs – now they just changed the game and the regular season and the “rules” don’t apply the same way. Why did we lose last year in the playoffs, why did we need Milan Lucic this year? Because the rules change in playoffs and those changes are not subjective and enforcement is arbitrary at best.
JackIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JackIsBack For This Useful Post: