View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 10:37 AM   #17
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Petterson for me.

I don’t see any standout players in terms of skill from here on. All things being equal in terms of skills, I always love players that improve drastically from their draft year. Plus the reports say that he’s extremely coachable. To me that screams NHLer more than the other prospects.

Kylington is still a pretty good player, but considering how long he’s been a pro, there hasn’t been enough progress in his game for me to become a believer. I think his upside is limited to ‘tweener or bottom pair with some power play time.
I disagree with your assessment of Kylington here. You have to remember that he won't be turning 23 until May of next year.

He was playing in the AHL at 18/19 which is pretty much unheard of for a defenseman. He has steadily improved his point totals each season while gradually being given more responsibility and ice time. Last season he put up 14 points in 18 AHL games while being used in all situations before getting the call and spending the rest of the season in the NHL.

He has been on a consistent upward trajectory and actually has a pretty unique development path. There are few reasons to doubt that he will become a top 4 NHL defender.

He is basically at the exact same point development wise that Brodie was at when he was 22. He is ready to be a full time NHL player and I suspect in a few years he will be a very good one.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bax For This Useful Post: