View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #33
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Why hasn't Jarome Iginla retired yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Yeah I am going to disagree.

Iggy signing here would be like seeing the hot chick or hot guy from high school at your reunion. They just aren't what you remember.

He has a great legacy at this organization, he was a beast when he was here, but I think that time and the game has passed him by.

Anyone expecting to see a 41 year old be the Iggy of Old is just goofy.

He competes harder than most, and could still be a good depth piece. I watched Iggy during his stint with LA - the man competes. He was nowhere near as slow as people thought, and he just battled.

I’d happily give a chance to someone who is out there unloading absolutely everything they have left in the tank. At the very least, a PTO to compete against Brouwer/Lazar/Foo. I doubt he’ll need a PTO at the end of the day though. If he chooses to play, I bet he gets a contract.

Also, from the sports story perspective I’ll always choose the potential for a beautiful story rather than just dismiss it outright. Seeing Iginla raise the cup would be a truly beautiful sight and I’d be onboard with giving that a chance to play out...no matter how slim the odds are.

Last edited by ComixZone; 07-10-2018 at 03:40 PM.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote