View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 12:33 PM   #6429
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
It's actually funny you mention it because that's the game I've been playing the most the last few months, and finding an alternative was the point of me asking for suggestions

I do love flight sims. I say this to make fun of myself and not to brag, but between older Microsoft flight sims, Prepar3d, DCS and MSFS2020 I've easily spent over $3000 on add-ons and whatnot. MSFS2020 annoyed me when it first came out for how arcadey it was but in the last year or so it's really showed how much it's come along, and finally started to get some good third party aircraft. It's got a ways to go in some areas, but it's really headed in the right direction now. Really enjoying it

Do you play on Vatsim?
It's a rabbit hole for sure once you factor in hardware and add-ons. DCS I started to get into, but refuse to buy anything now in it as I couldn't dedicate the time needed to fully learn a plane, and then I'd forget it. So my casual gaming with DCS was basically re-learning 90% of the time. I bought MSFS2020 as I skipped P3D era, and never got into XPlane. You are right, it's come a long way, but the thing that keeps me interested is the world graphics. Sims prior to this had the airports down, but what do you do for the rest of the flight? Nothing to look at. Doing a mix of GA cross country flights and airliners.

I do utilize Vatsim often as a pilot and have signed up to start ATC training as well. Also fly for a virtual airline if doing airliner stuff, and also use OnAir Company for some career stuff in GA aircraft.

I've started looking into building my own cockpit panels, using cheap hardware off aliexpress, tying it into the sim with an arduino and software called Mobiflight.

Last edited by BlackArcher101; 03-22-2023 at 12:59 PM.
BlackArcher101 is offline   Reply With Quote