View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 10:12 AM   #472
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

I appreciate the desire to see what a guy leading the AHL in scoring has to offer. It's an intriguing story. But at the same time it's humorous people are suggesting that Phillips has not had opportunity with the Flames. He's been to how many training camps including the last one? He was just given a "prove-it" contract. That is all the incentive and opportunity most players get. Show up and be the best player in camp. Force a decision when you're actually going head-to-head against NHL players. That didn't happen. It isn't like Phillips was the last player sent down. He didn't impress the decisions makers in any shape or form. Again, this is D+7. This is not surprising actions by the team. I still contend they are watching the farm closely and have a couple players on a short list for call up. Phillips just doesn't appear to be on that watch list, for obvious reasons. If the team continues to fall further behind the playoff pace things may change, but I don't see the Flames making a gamble on anyone from the farm in a top six role.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote