View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 02:57 PM   #79
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
Musk is rapidly becoming a classic depiction of a Bond movie villain. I never liked his public persona for the ridiculously outlandish statements and for how ruthlessly he rules his companies (according to publicly known information and some personal anecdotes of my best friend who used to work for him as one of the lead metal engineers at SpaceX). But you've got to admit, he is not a boring guy. I love how he consistently riles everyone's feathers the wrong way and then enjoys the discomfort that ensues.

The impression I get of him is that he is disconnected from social norms/convention which is in large part just his personality which is enigmatic in itself. And because he made it after risking all his capital early on and some that was lent to him, he's formed an identity around taking risks and thinking on a grandiose level outside the box. He's never been about social integration, but ingenuity and perseverance. That can be both positive and negative. Someone with that kind of power and motivations can advance us in meaningful ways with his projects, but he doesn't seem to be concerned about social receptability or even ethics on some levels, when you consider the implications of Neuralink, so what's going to keep a guy like that in check?

Basically I just don't understand the motivation to do this, aside from making Twitter how he personally would like it to function. Seems like an expensive way to go about controlling a little app.

Seems it would be easier to just start his own platform for people up his alley rather than literally take Twitter to tweak it.

But anything social media that is focused on popularity and trends doesn't seem like his area or forte to begin with.

I'm curious to hear the motivation from him because if it's just a power flex of sorts to expand his influence, its a strange one.

Last edited by djsFlames; 04-25-2022 at 03:00 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote