View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 11:07 AM   #1142
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
The first thing is that medical advice consistently recommends vaccinating against children. So to go against that advice I think you would want some pretty good evidence of why the general advice does not apply to you.

The first thing I would do is determine if arrhythmia is a side affect of the vaccine for any age group. Next determine the natural occurrence of arrhythmia in the child population. Try to get a feal for the odds of each. But this is a difficult task as if you follow the same logic as above Vaccines cause autism and we know they don’t.

For the first step the UK had a pretty good study that was interesting in that it found the issues with the Moderna vaccine as opposed to the Pfizer.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01630-0
I agree with all of that, and am mostly just venting. Some medical staff did a real disservice to my wife's friend - they should have just said something like "it's almost certainly a coincidence but we will report it as a potential reaction" and this wouldn't be an issue. That difference took someone who was strongly pro-vax and made her now pretty untrusting of vaccines in general.

For my own kids I'm still planning to have them vaccinated again, although we did decide to wait a bit as they both tested positive about a month after their first dose, so it seems to me to make sense to wait the 8 weeks after those positive tests. I would say my concern for potential covid effects on them is low given no medical history/conditions, 1 dose already, and antibodies from infection, along with the history of a very mild infection the first time.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post: