View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 12:16 PM   #66
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I said entire rest of the developed world ~1.03 billion. They have a slightly more than billion, we have about a billion, why are the results so different, and why have so many other developed nations not met or exceeded their targets?

I was pointing to the notion that China is not doing anything as being outdated and being used as a justification that we should do nothing about global warming. China is meeting their commitments, the US, India and many other western nations have not. Not to say they still don't have challenges.
If you watch the video that I posted, it sounds like the obligations that China agreed to have so much slack that their inclusion in the Paris Climate Agreement is really nothing more than symbolic. Meanwhile, the US is vilified for backing out of the climate agreement, despite the fact that they have reduced their carbon emissions more than any other country. I am certainly no expert on this, so please correct me if I have gotten any of this wrong, but it sounds like posts praising China and chastising America are completely backwards.
Ark2 is offline   Reply With Quote