View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 12:48 PM   #282
sworkhard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Fair enough. I don't mind walking that back a bit. Would it be more fair to suggest that he posts something incendiary like to generate a reaction from the left because it's generally been good business for him?
That's possible, but I don't really see him as a provocateur along the lines of Milo. If he did post this tweet for that reason he seriously misjudged the reaction as many people who generally think quite highly of him responded that what he said was basically BS.

I think it's more likely this is just one more case of him mapping too much meaning onto an ancient or popular tradition or story, something he does routinely. When he starts going on about the meaning he finds in different tales, he starts to remind me of Deepak Chopra. Sam Harris called him on this tendency, and he basically said the difference between what he says and what the New Age movement produces is that he's more careful. He probably is, but that's not exactly difficult and doesn't make doing so any more reasonable.

Last edited by sworkhard; 02-01-2018 at 12:51 PM.
sworkhard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sworkhard For This Useful Post: