View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #52
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
The bolded are the only things that changed, the rest has nothing to do with actual offseason moves made to improve the team. Adding Kovalchuk and Phaneuf (deadline acquisition, so not offseason, but whatev) were decent moves, but Kovy is 35 and Phaneuf is a second pairing (at best) Dman.

The Kings did not improve their roster as much as many teams did this offseason. I do agree tho, they look like they could be dangerous... but LA is always such a crapshoot, I never know what to expect from them from one season to the next.
You don't think Kovy/Phaneuf is as much improvement as Neal/Ryan?

Kovy is a wildcard but he was a much better player than Neal when he saw him last. He's been killing the KHL. I think him scoring 25 goals and 40+ points is a decent bet.

Phaneuf is better than Ryan.

Kings were a 98 point team last season, and with Phaneuf and Kovy I think they are a good bet to improve.

I'd argue the Kings are pretty consistent and not a crapshoot.

They basically had one bad year which was 16/17. Quick missed basically the entire season that year.

Yeah the Kings missed playoffs in 14/15 too, but they had 95 points and went 3-15 in OT/SO. I'd call that bad luck more than anything.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oil Stain For This Useful Post: