View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 08:10 AM   #33
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
The Flames roster was far better than their position in the standings would suggest
Frankly, I think if you play that season 10 times with the same roster and even the same coach, you get in the POs 6 times at least. Aside from the top line scoring a bunch, and Smith getting a pretty hot start, lots went wrong. I can't see 10 replays of the season with Backlund/Frolik underperforming, Smith getting hurt and not really bouncing back, Hamonic underperforming for half a season, Versteeg being out long term, Brodie being pretty bad, Jagr not working out, Bennett still struggling, the fourth line not prodicing anything until the second half, the PP being so awful and the Flames getting killed on multiple quick goals. I even think Brouwer wouldn't scored as little the majority of the time. Bingo (I think) showed that statistically the Flames got poorer results than they should have. Lots of it was deserved but plenty wasn't.

Now the roster is much improved and the coach is changed (hopefully for the better). The Flames have improved their odds IMO.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post: