View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 09:56 AM   #31
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
My interpretation from that Friedman take is they will heavily target him in the offseason. I can’t see them trading for a rental. If they did… definitely would not be for their first round pick… if they were determined to get some gel going with their players this season so they can hit the ground running next year, maybe they would trade their 2nd round pick for tanev - which would be a good deal for the flames I think because the 2nd round pick could end up being a very high 2nd round pick in the 35th to 40th overall range.

I think it was Friedman also saying a couple weeks ago that the Senators management are determined to get veteran leadership into the room to get their young players to learn from guys who “play the right way”. That has made me wonder if Coleman would be a target for them as well. I wonder if Tanev + Coleman + Calgary’s 2nd round pick could return Detroit’s first round pick (which Ottawa has). That would be a really interesting deal. Probably favours the flames a bit too much though considering how old Coleman is and how long he is signed for.

Tanev and Coleman to move up 20 odd spots? That does not favour the Flames at all. You make Coleman sound like a salary dump.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote