View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 12:28 PM   #54
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
I don’t think we see any major changes with results until we change GMs. Brad is far to conservative in his approach. I’d imagine a full year of Sutter still has us sneaking into the playoffs or at least coming close. Probably another first round exit though if we do make it. I haven’t seen any moves this off-season that show we’re willing to address the issues of this team. Just the typical shuffling of the 3rd and 4th line chairs with hopes one of the guys plays above anything they’ve shown in the past.

Would absolutely love to have to eat some crow on this though. But I’ve been a fan of this team far too long to expect any different when they still have the same approach.
Too conservative?

He landed the biggest goaltender on the market last year, jumped in on an expensive dman, and is rumoured to be in the mix for Jach Eichel ... others have leveled criticism that he's too aggressive in moving picks to supplement the existing core.

I don't see the guy as conservative at all.

I've come around on Eichel. I didn't like the futures trade at all ... hate giving that much up, but his acquisition does solve my biggest issue instantly. That being, I don't like the core, but you can't really blow the whole thing up. Next best thing change it drastically and instantly move everyone down a peg in importance. Eichel would do that.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post: