View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #25
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredr123 View Post
The dog is a chocolate lab. His dad is 110 lbs and I expect him to be pretty large as well. Two kids and the dog might still fit. Three kids and a dog is not going to happen.
I'm in a simlar situation. Wife is 8 months along with the first child and I have a Samoyed who's my little dog, 60 pounds, and a sheppard cross who's 100.

I was looking at the new Ford F150's as the Supercrew has a hell of a lot more interior room than any Car or small to mid sized SUV that I've seen. They had some decent incentives on too right now to buy as well.

Living in a town with a Lake and having inlaws who have a pretty good size RV, pulling a trailer or boat is likely in my future too.

It's not the "smartest" choice but everytime I've owned a house you have junk to haul, or you decide to redo the floors, or fix up the land scaping, and a truck is handy to have. But for me my commute to work is like 3 kilometers so since I drive like 2400km a year going to and from work the fuel economy is something I could live with. So for myself it may be a decent choice as the vehicle can do a lot of things.

But at the end of the day I'll decide against it as my current compact SUV can still get us by and a luggage rack for it and inconvenience of being a bit cramped is a lot cheaper.

I did look at minivans, and one of those would be a better option than the Rav4. But where we live we are forced to make supply runs once in awhile and all wheel drive is something I'd like to have. If you want an AWD Toyota Sienna.....shell out 45 grand, or good luck finding a used one. Which leaves me buying a Dodge.

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 01-27-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post: