View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 12:54 PM   #114
Bend it like Bourgeois
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
All great stuff
I sincerely appreciate your perspectives.

I’m not a teacher. I’m not really sympathetic to teachers even though I have several in education very close.

My observation is a big problem is that unions administration and advocates all constantly cry wolf and sometimes it’s just life. There is a constant barrage of negativity to rally the troops and at some point by itself that’s exhausting. It’s not actually awful all the time, but if you’re fed that constantly it becomes the rote. Don’t know if you care to comment.

I also think the biggest gap is in leadership at a school and regional level. Parties and unions don’t help but often the leadership is a teacher who got a Masters from Gonzaga and while they might be ambitious educators their job is to be administrators and parent councillors - and there is huge variation school to school based on whether the leadership is a teacher with a pay raise or someone who can lead. The latter is not rewarded but boy seems to make all the difference.

Finally, congrats on being the kind of teacher I hope my kids have.
Bend it like Bourgeois is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bend it like Bourgeois For This Useful Post: