View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #2086
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
This is an article from The Athletic (Dom Luszczyszyn), which ranks teams’ offseasons based on their changes in collective game score. I put this here because he ranks Calgary down mostly because of the Dougie Hamilton trade. He calls Hamilton the Flames former best defenceman. I argued the same thing prior to the trade and am very interested to see how his absence actually affects the team. I think a lot of people assume Giordano was making that first pairing go based on the eye test whereas the numbers suggest it was both Giordano and Hamilton. Hopefully the eye test is right and our first pairing doesn’t take too much of a crash...
I think most are optimistic that the changes have actually provided a massive improvement to the forward group, while mitigating the subtraction from the defense. Yes, Hamilton is an excellent defenseman all on his own, and yes, Giordano helped him tremendously. I tend to think that the improvement up front will more than make up for whatever was lost in Dougie Hamilton. I also think the coaching change and historic regressions to the mean (shooting percentages, and the improbable awfulness of the powerplay) will provide significant, tangible results that extend well beyond a change in personnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: