View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 09:48 AM   #25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
It is with a bit of disappointment that is directly related to trading away draft picks that I picked Dube as the 3rd best Flame prospect.

I look at his Rocket teammate Kole Lind drafted by the Canucks who being a year younger had a similar season to Dube, and how far down he would rank in the Canuck prospect list.
Are you sure you have your facts straight?

Kole Lind was born in Oct 1998 and Dube in July 1998. That's 3 months difference.

Just because Lind was drafted a year later, doesn't mean his accomplishments were better. Last year was the last year of eligibility for the WJC for both players and Dube made the team and Lind didn't. Dube was also named Captain of the team.

Just because Dube is ranked higher on the Flames list than Lind on the Canucks list isn't an indictment at all on the Flames. It just means Dube is a good prospect.

I didn't see any reports of the Sedins raving about Kole Lind's preseason last year and how they thought he should have made the team. I did hear that from Gaudreau regarding Dube though.