View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #667
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
And then you have 17 goal rookie centre Jankowski nowhere? He needs the same type of opportunities. That's why I don't think it makes much sense to play Lindholm at centre when everybody is healthy. We're just too deep at that position and then somebody gets bumped into a suboptimal position. Whereas RW is still relatively weak unless Lindholm is slotting there. Only when Lindholm is on RW does our depth at that position look respectable.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Jankowski-Neal
Bennett-Backlund-Frolik
????-Ryan-Czarnik

You can flip Lindholm/Neal. You can flip Jankowski/Backlund. You can flip Ryan and Jankowski.

It's really hard to imagine Lindholm at centre when everybody is healthy. I still think he makes the most sense as the responsible right shot presence on the top line. Lets us split up our two best shooters in Neal and Monahan and stack a couple good scoring lines.
I think also you could put Ryan with Backlund and Frolik in tougher defensive zone situations against top line opponents and go Bennett-Shore-Czarnik or Mangiapane-Bennett-Czarnik. Still think they should re-sign Shore and keep Lazar & Brouwer off the ice somehow.

Or if Dube makes the team then it's easy. Bennett-Dube-Czarnik.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote