View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:
icon57 What is the Flames' call-up hierarchy?

Who do they call up first, depending on position?

For the sake of easiness, I'll pick 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies to make the team. Argue over this if you wish but I don't think this is wholly unreasonable:

1. Gaudreau
2. Monahan
3. Tkachuk
4. Neal
5. Lindholm
6. Backlund
7. Frolik
8. Ryan
9. Bennett
10. Jankowski
11. Czarnik
12. Brouwer
13. Mangiapane
14. Lazar

1. Giordano
2. Brodie
3. Hamonic
4. Hanifin
5. Stone
6. Andersson
7. Kulak

1. Smith
2. Rittich

Which players follow these, in case of injury, and in what ranking order?

Here are some candidates for each position. Do you think that some of them deserve to make the team already? (I'm sure some of you will lobby against Brouwer and Lazar, but I feel like management will want them there to begin with so prospects aren't sitting -- and likely for vanity reasons, too, as they've invested into those players rather significantly.)

I suppose that this somewhat ties into the prospect rankings, although not really -- Juuso Valimaki appears to have the top prospect ranking in the bag, but given that he's still in junior, he likely won't be able to be recalled with ease like a guy like, say, Marcus Hogstrom. So, for the sake of this discussion, I'm only including AHL-eligible players -- I feel like that just makes sense.

Forwards (in alphabetical order):

Dube
Ehliz
Foo
Gawdin
Graovac
Hathaway
Lomberg
Klimchuk
Phillips
Pollock
Quine
Robinson
Shinkaruk

Defense:

Healey
Hogstrom
Kylington
Prout
Valimaki

Goalies:

Gillies
McDonald
Parsons
Schneider

Last edited by TheScorpion; 07-09-2018 at 03:29 PM.
TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote