View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 08:29 AM   #376
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Now that I've zipped through the Berdych match, from 2-5 down in the first set Roger finally switched it into high gear for the first time all tournament, and just blitzed Birdman after that. Birdman actually played pretty well, just had no answers. From that 2-5 point Roger dropped 55 winners in basically two and a half sets. Cilic, if he brings the elite serving, can certainly beat Roger, but unless there's a drastic drop in Roger's serving, it's pretty tough to see him losing this thing now. He really is the best server of all-time, and it might not even be close.
Assuming Roger dispatches Chung without too much trouble, I don't see any circumstance where he is not hoisting his 20th major trophy on the weekend.

We've seen big servers beat Roger in majors recently, but that is typically by employing a heavy serve and volley game that takes away all his time and space. I don't see Cilic having this type of play in him for an entire match and I don't see him out-slugging Fed from the baseline for 5 sets - especially considering how things went in Wimbledon last year.

Last edited by Hot_Flatus; 01-25-2018 at 08:31 AM.