View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 09:57 PM   #34
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
At this point, Ukraine needs to make the conflict as bloody as possible while the international community levies heavy sanctions quickly. All the squabbling countries will take time to come up with something. Dragging the conflict out as long as possible will give the Russians pause when the bodies start rolling home in a war that is domestically unpopular, coupled of crushing economic sanctions that will affect regular Russian ppl + non-Putin leaders may force Putin back to the table.

If that play doesn't work, its a matter of how much the Europeans are willing to let Putin take, and what their appetite is to get their own hands dirty. The Germans and lots of other countries seem to be willing to write Ukraine off so I'm not optimistic about that. If the price isn't high enough for Putin then the Baltics will be next.

If the Russian's take the sky's the Ukraine military won't last long. And the Russians are different, militarily they're willing to take on a bloody war. It took a long time for the cost of blood to force the Soviets home in Afghanistan. Their whole culture is based around bloody conflict. And frankly Putin won't care.

Plus everyone loves a winner at home, if Putin flattens Ukraine fairly quickly then he won't see much opposition at home.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote