View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 09:03 PM   #636
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
The hike to RAe glacier doesn’t really follow the same path. You go onto to a goat path right after the lake.

Tombstone lake you just keep following the trail until you get to the elbow loop and then it’s another 2k to tombstone lakes. That would be more similar of a trail to the falls. Rae Glacier is nice but it isn’t the wide easy grade trail that the falls is.

I did picklejar today. That’s a pretty good half day hike. We hiked up into the bowl past the fourth lake hoping for a view of all the lakes but didn’t get one. I think if you went all the way along the moraine you would get one but we turned back before then.

Interesting footwear choices from the tennis shoe crowd. One older lady was in what appeared to be slippers. Perfect weather for hiking today as well. I forgot my rule for hiking easyier hikes of go before 10 or after 2.

Oops. I meant that I had been to Elbow Lake before, but it was a longer route or something and the lake was the end. I might be misremembering. It was about 6 or 7 years ago.

I didn’t see anybody in slippers, but I did come across the bro dudes with the little boom box playing what sounded to be Amp Radio. Fortunately they were quickly winded and we didn’t have to endure the music for too long. The backcountry campgrounds were surprisingly close to the parking lot. I should check their availability or try Tombstone. Now that we have our lighter camping gear it should be doable.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote