View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #459
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I did my budget build last spring with intentions of keeping it below $1000 and upgrading later. Re-used my old HDD to save money, and went with cheap-ish GPU and CPU's to get me by.

Getting the itch to finish what I started now. Here's the parts I have now that I'm thinking of upgrading

CPU: Intel Core i3 7450k @ 4.2Ghz. A good little CPU but limited with 2 cores. Any recommendations here? Would an i5 7600k be a strong enough upgrade to bother replacing it, or should I just go right for something like the i7 7700k? Motherboard is a LGA 1151 socket

GPU: Radeon 470 4GB - A solid budget card at the time I bought it but already showing it's age, especially with only 4gb of graphics memory. Looking at 8gb cards now. Is spending the $400- ish on a RX 580 a worthwhile upgrade, or is that just asking to be looking at a replacement in a year. Would you guys reccomend spending the extra $150-$200 on a GTX 1070? I've had luck with Radeon and GeForce, no brand preference here.

Obviously a SSD is on my list as well.

Looking to keep the upgrades below $800 all in, although if someone were to make a good case at spending closer to $1000 I'd listen to it. Not in a rush to buy, likely waiting for Black Friday sales. Any recommendations are appreciated guys! Thanks
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote