Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 01:39 PM   #82
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is often reflective of what type of shot you are trying to play and the lie. You can really use any club around the green depending on what you are trying to do. Sure I am more than likely going to hit either a 56 or 60 when I am between 60 and 100 yds, but green side shots under 60 yds may be anything depending on pin location, how much roll out is needed, the lie etc. And of course, bounce of the club is a huge factor. Generally speaking, I think too many people play (try to anyway) green side shots way too high, trying to land the ball close to the pin and immediately stopping- ie. they pitch w/ a lofted wedge when they should chip with a short iron- which often results in the ball being very short of the pin. Hinge and hold with short irons just requires a lot practice, perfecting how much air time vs roll out you get with different clubs. Certainly lofted wedges with a wide open face are required on greens wih tight pins and no room to work with, but the hinge and hold chip is easier to execute imo.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 10-02-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post: