View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 11:19 AM   #1404
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic_phreek View Post
I could understand where AT77 is coming from. He didn't like the exchange for Toffoli and is visibly annoyed as the draft is going on. I also feels this way. Sure his approach may seam prickish but his point still stands.

Some are suggesting that Mesar or Heineman might never make it to the NHL vs "proven" goal scoring Toffoli so we win that trade based on our current needs at the time of the trade, which they could be correct.

But there's still an argument to be made about trading away currency for a player that didn't help us. Regardless if he would have and could have selected a Mesar or a Lambert, or where Heineman is in his development, those are still assets that we could have used for something more impactful than Toffoli.
This is where I stand. I don't mind the trade and Toffoli is a decent player but I think we landed him for nothing. I don't look at the 1st round pick in isolation. It could have been used in a number of ways that could have helped the team longer term. Toffoli is here for a couple years making reasonable contributions but it feels a lot like the Hamonic trade. Luckily with less valuable assets but I see it unfolding very similar.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote