View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #30
Wolven
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It is going to be a really interesting season with the realignment. I think the Pacific division is going to be a really tough division, which should mean that more teams make the playoffs from that division than from Central.

I was debating whether or not I think the Red Wings could miss the playoffs and breaking their streak. It was tough to envision that happening as I actually view the East as being an easier conference than the West. However, I also think that the Lightning and 'Canes were playing way below where they should have been last season with the amount of talent on their teams.

I can see the 'Canes missing the playoffs simply because of how much they seem to be relying upon Ward. Islanders I think will get bumped by the Red Wings and I envision the Flyers going through yet another goalie-drama filled season.

To make things even worse, we might actually see both the Canucks and the Oilers make the playoffs (assuming the Canucks can keep their heads above water and the Oilers can finally play up to their potential).

=====

Playoff teams in bold.

PACIFIC
  1. Los Angeles
  2. San Jose
  3. Anaheim
  4. Vancouver
  5. Edmonton
  6. Phoenix
  7. Calgary

CENTRAL
  1. Chicago