View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 09:43 AM   #18
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
This pope has been a good dude for a while and even outsiders have seen him as being more progressive. But the Catholic church is most definitely not moving in the right direction as a whole. Not as long as sexual allegations of child rape keep happening and they simply shuffle the deck chairs to hide it. Not as long as a bunch of old men refuse to let a fellow human become a priest simply because they have a vagina between their legs. Not as long as sex is continued to be viewed as improper unless you are married. Not as long as you can only receive certain sacraments from the church because you had water poured on your head as a baby. Don't even get started on their stance on gay marriage, LGBTQ rights, birth control, abortions, etc. The list goes on and on. Not even a progressive pope like this one can fix those things as long as the long list of ideologies continues to be pushed by the clergy.

It has maintained control over it's followers for centuries and will continue to do the same for centuries more because "God" and the control they enjoy over their followers. I say this as someone who grew up going to Catholic church/school and still have many Catholic family members and friends; the Catholic church is by far the most corrupt entity in the history of humanity.
My son's FIL is what I would call a "rabid" Catholic. He talks about religion constantly. My son doesn't believe in religion. It causes a LOT of conflict between them. My son and my grandson are both "going to hell" because they are not baptized. Actually I would not be surprised if he has snuck the baby to church to get him baptized without my son knowing about it, if that is something he could do.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote