View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #24
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

I moved to the country 7 years ago and the inconvinience is minor. I'm in Sk, so the internet won't apply, but I am on WBB, Wireless Broadband, same thing as Explorenet and several other private companies offer. Sasktel is excellent, I have unlimited access and my speeds are similar to the old regular high speed in town. I can play xbox, ps3, with hardly any lag. bummmer is it costs more, I pay $60 a month, and had to buy the equipment. The private companies are similarly priced but you have to go on contract or the equipment is pricey.

Rogers and some other companies offer the data packages, which work over the cel network, but you are capped and they are pricey. Bonus is you can take the stick anywhere, so you can use your laptop in town, on trips, etc. Mind you most people have decent data packages on their cel phones so you usually don't need another mobile data device.

That said, if you have a good (read unlimited) data plan on your phone you can tether. I let the kids tether their tablets to keep the main line free for online gaming, and it's a nice backup if the service cuts out. This unfortunately happens occasionally no idea why. Weather?

Oh ya, you need good line of sight to the tower, so find out where it is in your area.

At least your not going back to the stone age!

I just got satelite tv at christmas, Shaw. It is what it is.

I love being out of town, so I can deal with the minor inconvienience.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote