View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 10:58 AM   #25
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think that there's going to be some consumption revalues as the game gets closer to final versions.

You really use very little hyperfuel per jump. But the power rod consumption is very high, especially if you use bigger generators. Solar cells are a great way to do it, but they're really volitile in terms of jumping into systems and not getting enough sun, so if you have key systems attached to solar cells your going to get brown outs. After I finish this game with what I've learned, I'm going to do a serious ship redesign. Have two big generators on a ship and then link them via power nodes to 2 or three solar cells I think just to balance out power.

I'm going to seperate my engine rooms from my manufacturing room, that way I can control my environment better.

And because your limited in your defensive systems, to 7 or 8 of them, I'm going to go for defense first with a couple of shield generators and then guns instead of guns first.
I'd like to build a full solar ship, with a large bank of batteries and a backup engine that I turn off.

Do you do the ship or base start, I've done the ship mostly, but I think I'm going to try the base next.
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote