View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 08:37 AM   #4513
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Once you have the initial inspection, can you just do whatever upgrades you want over that 7 years? I do want to upgrade insulation and windows, but not all at once.
My understanding is you can do whatever they recommend or you think would give you the best value up to the $5,600.

You can spread it out, but you can't apply for the money until you have your final inspection. (Not 100% sure if you can do more than one inspection but the end inspection also costs $200 and the cost of that is included in the rebate I believe).

For some the final inspection would be simple "do you have solar panels on your roof now? Yup, okay" whereas others like sealing your reimbursement is based on the second blower test and actual performance instead of simply "did you seal everything up".

The tricky part if you're spreading it out would be when you do that final inspection because you can't apply for the rebate until it's done...which means you might be out of pocket until you decide you've done everything you plan to do.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torture For This Useful Post: