View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 08:19 PM   #80
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Sliver I notice you didn't bring up any cons about Lake Bonavista so let me help you out:

-House prices are like they are from an alternate dimension, and in almost all cases supremely over priced. I think people from Bonavista think their houses should be priced like Pumphill, which is a joke unless you're actually on the lake. People pricing their stuff $1MM+ not on the lake is hilarious to me.
-A ton of people from the community are some of the most arrogant people I've ever met.

Otherwise you're correct, it's pretty sweet. Maybe one day I will end up there if I can wrap my head around the outrageous price demands and can find a house that is not on the brink of collapse.
That's a legitimate con, for sure. In fact, it's one I experience on a day-to-day basis. Used to live in a pretty sweet house in a new neighbourhood, but now I live in a smaller bungalow with a half-bath for an ensuite. We'll eventually gut the upstairs and renovate to the standard we'd prefer, but I have to save a lot of money to make that happen. Your average middle class guy living in Bonavista definitely gives up something on the house side of the equation for the upgraded community. It's a worthwhile trade off IMO, but I do miss my old place. Can't imagine what that house would cost in this neighbourhood...out of my reach.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote