View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 05:24 PM   #75
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
It's everybody's opinion, whether they want to admit it or not. I know exactly zero people who eschew modern comforts like running water, physical homes, central heating and electricity in favour of living in the woods. Nobody does it because it sucks.

All of us could quit are jobs right now - just get up from your desk and walk away. Start heading west, or north, or east or south or any direction. Live off the land. Never work a day in your life ever again. No taxes, no bosses, no commute, nothing. Nobody will stop you. It's free. It's how people existed for thousands of years. Why don't we? Because it would suck. Nature sucks.
Maybe for some, but I am 10X happier in my 22 foot trailer in some desolate campground without services, than I am in the city. My retirement dream, is to live in a mountain cabin somewhere, and basically unplug from the world. It would be amazing to just to live a simple, life of necessity, and simply enjoy nature. Nature sucks for some, but I can barely sleep the night before a RV or backwoods tenting trip I'm so excited about it.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote