View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 12:14 AM   #3070
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
Many Leaf fans do move and start a new life in many other cities, that says nothing about the hockey fans in Toronto though. They tend to be general hockey fans first and maybe Leaf fans second. They also tend to be a corporate crowd. Have you have been to many games at the Gardens or the ACC?

I seem to remember that many of the ethnic groups in general preferred the Habs, and the maritimers were Bruins fans. I played minor hockey in Downsview and Willowdale for years and I would say no more then 60-70 percent of hockey people even rooted for the Leafs(these are the guys that can afford tickets today). In contrast 99.9 percent of BB fans would root for the Raptors.
You said people.filled up the Leafs arena cheering for the other team. I cannot think of this ever happening in my lifetime. Sure there may be pockets of the opposition team but nothing like when the Leafs play in Buffalo or Ottawa where they take over the entire arena.

The Raps fans are on the whole louder and more energetic for sure overall.

But you're kidding yourself if you think a Leafs parade would be smaller than what we witnessed yesterday with the Raps.

Huge amounts of people from Ontario would travel to Toronto for the parade. Plus you'd get the diehards flying back from all over Canada and the world. It would be insane.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote