Old 03-04-2021, 01:15 PM   #54
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
Taking your analysis a step further:

Out of those players, who would you classify as players that "hate to lose."

I only count 2, although you could potentially convince me about Andersson and Lindholm.
I think they all hate to lose. The question is how many are willing to do things necessary to win. And how many get in their own way sometimes. And how many do we assume have less emotional stake because they don't flip out.

Take Monahan, who's having a very subpar year goal-wise (though kind of on track for his usual PPG). I think he's worked pretty hard at his overall game because he's been told he needs to do that for team success. And he's always been willing to stand in the slot. So I respect that, even though people say he lacks emotion because he doesn't show it on his face. I respect it more than starting scrums after every whistle or freaking out over a puck flip. Tkachuk wants to win badly, but sometimes it needs to translate to between whistles, not after. And he does those things too, he goes to hard areas consistently, but people focus on the other stuff and say "look how much he cares".
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote