View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 12:07 AM   #29
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Yes, since there's no show called 'America's Most Pathetic Examples of Being Pathetic'.

I'm certainly not a negligent parent apologist, but if that paper mache piece of crap was worth $132,000, I think a little more than a velvet rope should be guarding it from little kids. And for that matter, why are little kids inside a gallery with such expensive works? What a scam. If it was actually that valuable, there'd be guards guarding it from being stolen, and the kid would have been bounced by them.

I don't think there needs to be a sign or a rope or anything. Don't touch what doesn't belong to you is a pretty simple concept.

In a lot of cases, there is nothing guarding priceless pieces of art in museums around the world, and yet this kind of thing doesn't happen all that frequently. This just leads me to believe that it's really only the fault of the parents and child here, who seem to be outliers when considering millions of people who are able to visit a museum and be around paintings and sculptures without destroying them in the absence of ropes or signs.

And it's people like this family, who shrug it off because it happened to be some local artist, and believe it ought to be cheaper, that are going to make it so museums have to have guards around every piece of art to prevent some clutz from breaking or touching something.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote