View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 09:00 PM   #1602
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
I don't think I've seen anything earlier in this thread...are there any other examples of combined fieldhouse/football stadium similar to what is proposed in CNext? We've seen dozens of other concepts of arena concourse and stadium roofing solutions to compare to, but I don't remember any combined fieldhouse/stadium examples. I'm sure some must exist in US colleges (but even then they would be intended for college population more than general public)...
I don't think there are any specific examples of a public-use athletic/training facility also acting as a major sports venue for "outdoor" sports like is proposed for CalgaryNext.

There are many examples, including the Jack Simpson Gym at the UofC, of these types of facilities used by universities for their main spectator venues for "indoor" sports.

From what I can find, very few NCAA football programs play their games in enclosed stadiums. The few that do either share with an NFL team (or, in the case of San Antonio, play in a stadium that was built for an NFL team that never came), or play in a very small building with a capacity under 20,000. Neither case is really comparable to CalgaryNext.