Thread: Off Market
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #6
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
I'll save the PM for later. Only looking around when I'm bored at the moment and I'm not sure now is a great time to buy. If I start getting updates and looking more activly I'll just waste my time and yours. Thanks though!

Where in the NW?

Bonavista looks good - not too far. I like the area and would consider it before Midnapore - just it's a bit more expensive.

What's the deal with Bonaventure too? Are they all the same community - and you get double lake access? Or are they separate?

Thanks!
Grew up in Dalhousie. Moved from Evanston (we didn't like it there - I liked our house, but I just didn't like living on the outskirts of town like that).

Bonaventure is a private lake. Only people who live on it are allowed to use the lake...there isn't a public beach for residents of the community at large.

Lake Bonavista is the biggest lake in town and has two public beaches (for LB residents and their guests only), an island, tennis courts, basketball courts, outdoor exercise equipment, toboggan hill, walking paths, multiple playgrounds (four that I can think of), gazebos, beautiful grounds, free boat rentals, stocked full of fish, and a skating rink with a bonfire. In the winter they Zamboni a path around the lake you can skate around and have a bunch of hockey rinks on the lake. Ice fishing, too.

Most lake communities have all of the above. If you're a lake guy, you'll be in heaven.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: