View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #668
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is incredible news

I'm pretty much a Cooperstown junkie- made the trek to see Raines inducted. its the best sports hall , but its not without its quirks

first off- he's a Rockie, and deservedly so so kudos to the fans of that franchise

but...he's also a frickin' Expo! the 6th player that was produced by their farm system to be inducted- that is the most going back at least to 1960 I believe and possible longer- four of those are outfielders- incredible

and the 2nd member of the 94 team- feels right that there are two- him and Pedro, although that's sort of the poster child problem with the 94 team- they found greatness elsewhere

most incredibly though- a Canadian! Fergie Jenkins, you've got company. and a multi sport guy (like Iggy- Hockey and Baseball). not bad when you make the HOF in your fall back sport!

this should likely close the book on the Expos in the Hall, I believe at 9 (Carter, Johnson, Pedro, Smith, Perez, Dawson, Raines, Walker, Vlad) players- unless something weird happens with Rose or someone gets the Harold Baines treatment out of the blue...or Bartolo Colon comes back and plays for another 20 years..

anyways woohoo. amazing
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post: