View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 03:45 PM   #54
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I think the unceremonious ending of Peters's NHL coaching career has badly coloured impressions of his professional abilities. From a tactical standpoint Peters was probably the best coach employed by the Flames since D. Sutter. His downfall seems to have been more relational than professional: an abrasive style punctuated by toxic, insufferable bullying that wore players down over time. Peters certainly deserves credit for the tremendous 2018-19 Flames campaign, and with how poorly the roster responded in October and November it appears that there was a breakdown in the relationship between the players and the coach. I think they like playing for Ward a lot more than they did Peters, but by the same token I don't see that the team looks nearly as good nor as structured and confident with Ward in charge as they ever did last year.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Peters had one system that worked well the first 3/4's of the first season while the team executed and performed hard for a new coach. Once the other teams figured our system out and adapted, Bill Peters had no ability to adapt or change anything.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: