View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 11:39 AM   #443
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGame View Post
Having read the whole article, for the benefit of those who only have time for TL;DR: near-peer-state actors using drones and balloons to gather electronic signatures of new radar and networked warfighting systems in order to develop countermeasures and/or develop their own, similar systems. This would follow a long-established pattern of using drones and balloons in a similar manner over many decades.

I'm liking this from an Occam's Razor perspective.
I think this is a likely scenario as well. It would also explain why the government wants to keep some mystery surrounding the encounters. It would also explain why this has mostly been happening during military exercises. Rival states would be interested in these exercises where as aliens, if they were interested in is at all, would likely be looking everywhere.

It does make one wonder if the eye witness accounts are exaggerations, fabrications, or if the witnesses are acting on behalf of the government to help create the mystery. Some of the eye witness accounts are so far out and specific, they leave no room for the balloon or conventional drone theories.

I am still leaning towards experimental technology meant to create illusions and effect instruments to baffle rivals. Probably the US themselves playing with it.