View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 04:14 AM   #14
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is a tough one...

The draft does throw a wrench into things as all teams wait to see how their CPHL draft shakes up to the NHL draft before they make roster moves. This is likely to be be October now.

I didn’t really look at the AHL in this way only the ECHL. But this is more of a mindset as i always felt that the overage guys were signed to allow me to drop the deadweight on my AHL team.

I voted no because I don’t see it as the same thing. If anything in the past teams kept AHL spots open to fill with guys they drafted or guys that other teams drafted and are forced to move.

If this is yes I really feel that this needs to change in a hurry after the draft. I think that if it goes more than 1-2 weeks then we could run into trouble with a lot of watch dogs and some teams being in a mess because they kept too many
bodies around and can’t move them out.

If it was strictly for overages I think it will be an easy fix and would vote yes. (I realize we can’t monitor that)

However, I think if teams decided to keep 30-35 bodies ijn the AHL to use trading chips and aren’t diligent we could have some get into trouble.

I also think this will cause trouble in free agency as without roster limits teams can stash more players in their AHL and see who cracks nhl rosters before deciding who to cut. Obviously not impact guys here with the roster cut off. But still a concern.

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote