View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 08:05 AM   #62
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeman4Gilmour View Post
When I went to elementary school (80's) the "strap" was just getting phased out. It was a rural school so probably a bit behind the urban schools. When that was gone, if you really deserved it, the long soft chalk brushes may be used against you. I did see the shorter wooden backed chalk brushes thrown in the general direction of a poorly behaved student.

My point. None of this is acceptable anymore and rightfully so. But, all of those teachers weren't "investigated" either. It's going to be a long ugly road if the NHL has to investigate all coaches who brought out the "strap". I would hope it's pretty clear that method of motivation had better be dropped from any coaches play book in this day and age.

For you Millenials :

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Off topic, but you do know that millennials were born between 1981 and 1996, right? I would bet most know what a chalk brush is.

You might be getting millennial and gen z mixed up
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post: