View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 01:27 AM   #12418
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
Age should be of less concern than number of games played. Sam has over 250 (including playoffs). To say Bennett is running in place would be kind. There should be some indication of improvement.

Deployment should be taken into account, but I'm fairly confident in saying GG didn't tell Sam to play out of position and take bad penalties while being generally ineffective otherwise. I would love to see him turn into even half the player we thought we were getting when drafted. I'd be pleased with a 20g/20a third line physical winger at this point.

I think the Flames should make a push for RoR to play with tkachuck on the second line and push Backlund & Frolik down to the third line to play (ie: prop Sam up) on the third line.

When you say number of games played, I would assume you are referring to NHL number of games. After all most prospects also play a number of games in the minors. Should those be discounted? Counted less? How much does losing a season to a shoulder injury count?

I am with Dissentowner. Need another coach and another year to close the book on Sam just yet.