View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #80
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Way to miss the point. Again. Nobody is offended that star trek gifs are being posted. It's annoying but not offensive. Half the population are women who can be offended by sexy gifs being posted in a thread not even remotely related.

Women right here on CP have told us they're offended but let's keep deflecting to Star Trek gifs.
woah, woah let's pump the brakes here for a second.

I think it is probably best to avoid framing this as being some sort of male dominated, white knight action by the mods protecting women and their delicate sensibilities lest they be scarred by seeing sexy gifs.

I'm not saying they can't be offended or that they aren't, I just don't know if you should be in here championing a cause that has never once been mentioned in this thread or the PGTs.

Even the mods have gone out of their way to frame this as an issue of restricting inappropriate content on the grounds that this is a SFW environment.

If you have insight into a bunch of women on CP who are offended, then fire away. I guess it is possible they are PMing you this type of info and I'm not privy to it.

The idea that we have to protect women from even seeing other women is way more offensive than any gif I've ever seen in a PGT. Most gifs of the sexy women are celebratory in nature and rarely are gratuitous in their depiction of that sexy celebration. However they sometimes are not work safe. It's not like there's a bunch of gross demeaning comments that would create an atmosphere that would make people uncomfortable. I know for certain that it isn't just women who can be offended by an unwelcoming and misogynistic atmosphere.

Trust me, I remember the hot women thread and some of the creepy comments that were thrown around. Some of them were even about real people who had their picture posted in the thread. Ironically enough, the guy posting the gif in question in the PGT was the one who posted a pic of his SO and #### got weird real fast.