View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 12:49 PM   #36
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Nothing to do with the sex of the participants, but the one thing with snowboarding I kind of dislike is that there still seems to be more emphasis put on the lifestyle of it all, than on pure athleticism.

I was watching the slopestyle the other day, and one of the competitors pants fell down to his knees halfway through his run. Not to get all Grandpa Simpson on it, but you're in the Olympics...get some pants that fit, sonny boy.

I’m sure it would never fly in the culture, but I have a feeling the streamlined suits that skiers wear would give them better mobility and control, and be better in the air as their suits wouldn’t be a giant windsock.
Speaking of athleticism, I basically fly into a rage whenever curling is on, which feels like 24/7. There is no danger involved and certainly no athleticism. A curler is certainly not an Olympian IMO. It's absurd this is an Olympic sport and even more absurd how much it's being aired. It feels like watching darts on TV. We should get my wife in there...she's a good little sweeper!
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote