View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #31
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
I’ve seen the Flames not sign Craig Andersson and him go on to be a solid nhler. I’ve seen the team give up on Giguere just before he became an nhl starter. Goalies aren’t like normal skaters, they literally take twice as long to develop and therefore require twice as much patience. Clearly many of the fans are out of patience with Gillies. Some of us have not.
Anderson and Giguere were "moved" at 19 and 23 respectively (I say moved, because Anderson simply wasn't signed and went back into the draft). JS was also a full-time NHL starter at 24. Anderson took until 28, but in that time put up 4 good seasons in the AHL (matching or besting Gillies' best season every year) and two phenomenal years as an NHL backup.

Starting to sour on Gillies at 25/26 after doing nothing of note in the AHL isn't about a lack of reasonable patience. I think most people have a pretty good amount of patience with goalies. Expecting them to have accomplished something at the professional level by 26 is not unreasonable.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: