View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 05:00 PM   #221
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wasn't a huge fan of the new Halloween. It was well made and you could tell Green tried to craft it through Carpenter' vision. The production values were definitely superior to most slasher movies... but other than that I didn't think the script worked for me.

I didn't like the change in the relationship Myers has with Laurie. Sort of a spoiler, so I won't delve into it too much. To me the twist makes the franchise unique, not just your generic movie monster movie. To change the lore of the characters after all these years was a real turn off for me.

Also many characters act like complete idiots in the movie, and the random bits of comedy didn't work for me. People are being stalked/murdered and yet they're cracking jokes at the same time? Jamie Lee Curtis was great as was Myers, but didn't care for any of the other characters.

Why they couldn't use H-20 as part of this new series is beyond me. They could have just made a direct sequel to that with Hartnett as her son; just forget the Busta Rhymes Resurrection nonsense. Keep the rest!
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote